Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton

So I got the newest Anita novel. *Doing a little happy dance* I love it. Not sure if it was just because it was a new one and I've been craving some new Anita, or if it was just really good. There was SOOOO much Richard though, so I'm pretty certain I just loved it. *blush*

So we find ourselves with Anita and her harem in St. Louis. Most of the book takes place at the Circus of the Damned and with all my favorite characters front and center. In it, Anita has to face Haven, the were-lion who wants very much to make Anita Regina to his Rex. He crosses lines that just can't be uncrossed and Anita becomes a Regina in search of a Rex for the local lions. Also we discover that Marmie Noir is not as dead as we last thought and that she's actually gotten scarier, although weaker. And through that, there are ties made with unlikely allies. There is plenty of action and drama and steam. (A bit too much guy on guy action for my taste, but whatever.) We get to meet a lot of new were-tigers and learn about a whole lot of power to be had from Anita binding herself to the tigers. The ending is a bit dismal, but that's because I wasn't ready for it to be over and the book has way to much in it to be wrapped up so easily. This one is an open ended novel... very open.

I can't wait for the next in the series. I love the tigers and can't wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment