Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Flirt by Laurell K Hamilton

I've been off the computer for 2 weeks, so I'm behind on my posting. This is my catch up day for my February reading.

I haven't been allowing myself to buy books so far this year. It's a weakness of mine and I spend hundreds of dollars a year on them. But I finally caved and bought Laurell K Hamilton's most recent addition to the large Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series (#18). This little novella, at under 200 pages, was very entertaining, albeit a touch cheese-tastic. Since it was so short, just a side story in Anita's life, it was chock full of action and very little "smut". Don't get me wrong, I don't mind (and sometimes even enjoy) reading a good naughty scene as much as the next lady. But Hamilton is an amazing writer and I enjoy her stories and mysteries and action scenes far more then her descriptive frolics in the sack. (Or car, or field, or cemetery caretakers shack in this case.) So in Flirt we get to see Anita doing her job as a necromancer, AKA zombie raiser. This book has a couple of "tough" customers that give Anita a hard time over why she must ignore her morals and raise their dearly departed. Thankfully she has her entourage to comfort her when life is less then comfy... and this book definitely makes Anita less then comfy. It's a little predictable and hands over yet another interesting addition to Anita's very full dance card. I'm really curious how this little novella is going to affect Anita's very near future. The next novel in the series, Bullet, comes out in June and I am more then ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment