Monday, December 27, 2010

Darkfever (Fever Series, Book 1) by Karen Marie Moning

This is a book that I got one Free-Friday for my Nook. That was months ago and I pretty much forgot about it. My best friend urged me to give it a-go and I decided to take her advice. And I was NOT disappointed. I actually became quite addicted. These books have stayed heavy on my mind since starting them. I read four books in four days and got caught up on the series. Now I am impatiently waiting for the fifth book to come out and download onto my Nook as it's already been purchased.

The main character of the book is Mackayla(A.K.A, Mac), whom I don't actually like. Mac has a sister whom she's very close with who goes off to college in Ireland and is gruesomely murdered while abroad. Mac discovers a frantic message on her cell phone that her sister had left her moments before she was murdered, and that sets Mac on a mission to go to Ireland and find the murderer herself. Along the way she discovers she's not the ordinary southern gal she thought she was, but she actually harbors the rare gift of sidhe-seer(Seeing the Fae Folk). Through many adventures, angst, tension, and temptation, you get a rollicking good tale with a great cast of characters(excluding Mac, but then again I just don't like that kind of person).

I suggest you get this series and you read it now! It is soooo fun and good and just plain addicting. And each book is pretty short(less then 300 pages), which is disappointing to me, but then again some people prefer that I suppose....

No comments:

Post a Comment