Thursday, May 27, 2010

Danse Macabre by Laurell K Hamilton

You can probably sense a theme happening.... Obviously, I'm not off of my Anita kick. I am greatly anticipating June 1st, when I can finally get a hold of the next Anita novel, so I revisited yet another Anita Blake novel(#14).

This time, Anita thinks she's pregnant, but who's the daddy? Also, Marmie Noir (the mother of all vamps) is all up in Anita's Kool-Aid trying to possess her so she can have a body and be free again. And all the while there are loads of visiting vamps in town for the all new, all vamp traveling ballet troupe and to bring offerings to Anita for her new pomme de sange position(basically a blood whore). The triumvirate with Jean-Claude and Richard is getting stronger and making the vamp world sit up and take notice. And now that Anita has her very own triumvirate with vampy hunk, Damian, and pretty kitty, Nathanial, she is becoming a force all unto herself.

This one is full of metaphysical fun, and while it's a little too heavy in the steam department for my liking, it's still a good adventure read.

No comments:

Post a Comment